tisdag 10 mars 2015

A few Athertons

Today was a tough day, didn't feel that good so I actually went home earlier from work and crashed into bed. Woke up 3 hours later feeling slightly better, took a long walk with Dennis, our dog. After this I felt better and sat down to make another fly for my friends Catskill collection.

The first fly I made for the collection was an Atherton No:1...

Hook:   Allcock W170 #12
Thread: Textreme 8/0 Black
Wings:  Medium Dun hen tippets
Tail:   Medium dun cock cape fibers
Body:   Very light fox belly fur
Rib:   Oval Gold rib
Hackle:   Cock cape Light Cree

... but I felt I also needed to add my favorite Atherton fly aswell, the Atherton No:5. This fly is the most common in John Atherton serie of flies.


Hook:   Allcock W170 #12
Thread: Textreme 8/0 Black
Wings:   Woodduck flank
Tail:   Cock cape Cree fibers
Body:   Hares ear
Rib:   Oval Gold rib
Hackle:   Cock cape Cree

This fly has given me my finest dryfly fish, I took a really nice trout last summer on a size 14 Atherton No:5. The fly is slightly buggier than most common Catskill style flies, I like it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar