fredag 8 juni 2012

Life is about more than just flytying...

... some times we need to let the vise take a rest, why not try some fishing. My friend Gunnar from the fishing club and I have for a long time talked about that I should follow him to his secret grayling place in Gysinge. I have never really belived that it was possible to catch nice grayling this far south.. I was wrong...

Gysinge is an old industrial town, loads of history, nice buildings and surroundings. The area around Gysinge is a big nature reserve with loads of different animals and nice forrests. For the fisherman Gysinge can provide loads of different fishing, Pike, Perch, Sander, trout, Grayling are proborably the most interesting species to try your luck on... enough advertising :-)



To reach Gunnars special place we needed to take the boat, the stream was between two islands. The water was a little high but as I heard a vise man say "the fish like water". Gunnar told me that the dryfly would proborably not give me any strikes, for some reason this particular stream very seldom give  you a fish on the dryfly. Offcourse  Iddint believe him, tried a Royal Wulff, maybe 20 minutes. Then I decided to listen to my guide, tied a small quillbodied beadhead. First cast gave me a nice little grayling, maybe 35 cm. During the 3 hours we were fishing I caught 4 grayling around 35 cm and on just over 40 m.


Offcourse we also found some time to sit in the boat enjoying a nice cigarr and  a cup of coffee. I never thought a place under 50 minutes from my home could provide fishing this nice. Thanks Gunnar, I had a really nice time....

1 kommentar: